Colorado residents owning a home for 20 years or more are being targeted for the equity in their property.
An offer may include a cash transaction, a quick sale, no inspection, and the freedom to leave your
But before you consider the offer this is what you need to know.
In Colorado’s hot real estate market, homeowners might not know the market value of their property, which is what unscrupulous investors want. Ultimately unscrupulous investors are trying to drive down your property value with misleading and confusing information. They then hope to make a profit by turning around and selling your property at true market value. This can happen to anyone because people who perpetrate fraud are good at what they do, separating you from your money.
Protect your nest egg when considering an offer on your property:
● Talk to your real estate agent or go to www.dora.colorado.gov/dre to research licensed professionals.
● Go to your local County government website and look up property values.
● Be wary if you weren’t thinking about selling and they keep pursuing you.
● Always keep someone you trust in the loop, talk to friends.
● Do research on real estate brokers working in your neighborhood, talk to more than one.
● Always seek legal advice.
Most importantly, know the value of your property and understand the motivations of why an investor
wants to buy your property.
Source: Department of Regulatory Agencies, Division of Real Estate